You are welcome here....

I started off thinking I was going to do a weight loss blog. That was too one dimensional for me - but I absolutely love some of the ones I follow! This is a typical, broad spectrum, anything goes hybrid of diary and therapy for me. You are welcome here.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

17 days post surgery

Went to the Dr. today - I have lost 20 pounds so far and dropped my BMI 5%.  He says I am doing fantastic, my incisions are completely healed and I have permission to submerge!  Here I come Beach, pool and rivers...it's just not a summer in Texas without floating down the river a few times!! 

My concerns were this:

1.) I haven't lost any weight at ALL in 4 days.  He says to put away my scale, I say no way!  He said hide it, I said I am sorry, but no!

2.) My heart felt like it was thudding out of my chest the other night - very strange.  It was like every 4th or 5th beat, it would pound hard.  It isn't doing it now, and no pain - he says sometimes your esophagus can spasm...but I said there was no pain...he said strange, let  me know if it happens again.   He also asked about my fluid intake - I am good, and drink 24 oz of G2 gatorade to keep my electrolytes good.....so we shall see....

3.) My muscles are achy - like I worked out hard.  Stiffer in the mornings, better as the day goes...but still sore.  I have been BUSY - lots of running around, errands, kid stuff, but no "working out".  He said very rarely, the anesthesia they use, particularly the stuff that paralyzes your muscles, takes a LONG time to get out of your system.  This could explain why I pretty much had NO pain after surgery and could sleep in my bed as soon as I came home with no discomfort or pain meds....I pay for it now :(   Anyway, he says it should subside.....

That was about it.  Still no lifting - can go walking or do cardio.  No tough meats or veggies until 6 weeks out - no problem, loving my fish!!  I told him his shakes blow, and that I will be thrilled to never HAVE to drink a meal again!  Of course - I do have some Muscle Milk in the fridge for when I HAVE to grab something on the way out the door.  I am really trying to hit my 60-70g of protein a day.  I don't want to be a flabby bag of skin!! 

My back bothers me - but  when I asked about a chiropractor, he said NO!  I didn't need to be twisted and contorted yet (I have never been to one).  He said to treat myself to a massage - and that it would be better and cheaper!  I will have to tell hubby this ;)

ANyway - feeling great elsewise....no fatigue, in a good mood.   Looking forward to more pounds dropping......

No comments: